Starting a project
Please complete this checklist to successfully start your project at the Spinoza Centre:
Compulsory procedures prior to scanning
- Make sure you can access the building.
- Make sure you have ethical approval for your study from an authorised Dutch ethical committee. This approval must include mandatory screening form and subject information and must include an incidental findings procedure. Below you can find information on our procedures, which you are welcome to use:
- Fill in and return the project form. You can fill in the form digitally and sign it electronically, or alternatively, print, sign and scan it. Please send the relevant appendices (e.g. proof of ethical approval) along with the project form.
- Make sure all people that will assist in the MRI area have received training and certification for MR safety. This is compulsory also when you make use of scanning assistance and MR operators.
Compulsory MRI procedures
- Book scanning time using our booking site following our booking procedures.
- Arrange an MR operator (this can be yourself, a colleague or a scanning assistant). The MR operator will run an MRI experiment and is responsible for safety of everyone present during the experiment. We have trained MR operators (scanning assistants) who can run an MRI experiment for you. Scanning assistants are familiar with scanning procedures and safety but they do not necessarily know the details of your experiment.
- Please contact Trijntje Sjoerdsma for more information on scanning assistance. To request scanning assistance you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also book an scanning assistant through our booking site on certain days.
- We also train users to scan themselves and become MR operators.
Highly recommended additional procedures
- Plan a project presentation at one of the SUM meetings (this can be after the start of the project), coordinate wih Anouk Schrantee. You can use these meetings to get feedback from experienced Spinoza staff and users for your project.
- You may want to Pilot your project. Pilots are not typically billed, please follow the link for piloting procedures.